Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Infantry

We are all footsoldiers in the Army of God. I had never really thought of it this way. This morning I'm surfing the net and finding the larger world of Christian bloggers. There's actually quite a few of us. Well, I found this article:

http://ed.asisaid.com/blog/index.php?p=405

As Ed says, everyone in the U.S. Army is infantry first, no matter what they sign up for. In the same vein, we do not go to God and say, "I'm going to preach, but I won't sweep the floors." We are called to do whatever God calls us to do. Part of that is knowing your Bible. This is one of my weak points, but I'm getting better.

"Father, keep me from the sin of pride. Never let me be too good to do what is needed. Let me take every direction from you and follow it. Lord, make my heart soft to your commands and make my ears capable of hearing them. Amen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home