Monday, May 23, 2005

Peace

Have you ever wanted something? I mean, have you ever wanted something so much it left a palpable taste in your mouth? You think about this want. You nurture it. You give little thought to anything else. You turn this want into a need. You obsess. You lose sight of the fact that it is an earthly thing. You begin to compromise principle to get it.

I have a want. In the past I'd have acted just this way. Now, however, I am different, through no power of my own, mind you. I am different through the power and blood of Jesus Christ, my savior.

Anyway, I was headed down that same road. I was letting the want take over my thoughts. It was gnawing at me. Then, as I was praying and worshipping alone, I recommend this, God visited a peace on me. Today, at Bible.com their scripture of the day is:

John 14:27 -
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

So, I do a word search on peace, remembering this verse:

Philippians 4:7 - And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

This is happening for me. God is visiting His peace on me. He is truly a great and wonderful God.

"Father, I praise your holy name. I ask that you reach down and touch me. Keep your peace in my heart. Keep me focused on you
. I know that all answers come through you. You are the creator, the beginning and the end. Keep me growing in you and let me know the way you want me to go. I love you, Lord. Amen"

1 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin said...

"All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any." (1 Cor. 6:12) May the Lord so arrange our hearts that we remove all things unprofitable, distracting, and therefore "evil," in that they deprive us of important time with God. He is the hope of our salvation; our strength in our time of need. God bless, Uncle.

5/23/2005 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home