Sunday, May 22, 2005

Radioactive

It's been a couple of days since I last posted. It has been an interesting couple of days. There is something I want. For certain reasons I can not pursue it, but I let it play on my mind too much. June, you know what I am talking about. As do you, Crystal. Today, I was dealt a body blow over it. Then, I realized I had been making too much of an earthly want. I was letting my focus slip away from Jesus Christ. I must allow Christ Himself to order my steps. Once I get myself in tune with His will then I will find contentment and be free from worry.

I started praying in the car tonight. I like praying in the car, singing as well. I am alone and can be as loud and boisterous as I want. I did something that is unusual in my life. I prayed until God visited a peace on my soul. It must be God, because my life is a wreck, but I know that God can fix it. I was praying about it when all my troubles suddenly seemed a thousand miles away. God is good and His hand is upon me. This thing that I want, my finances, everything is under the blood. I will seek His face daily.

Now, as to the title of this post. As I was driving and praying and worshipping I started thinking about the state of my life. Until recently I claimed Christianity, but I did not really claim Christ. I didn't spend time in His Word or in prayer. Now, both are a daily habit. I can feel His call on my life again. It is like a long-dead heart all of a sudden beating again. I feel His power awakening my soul. I start to get exercised. Sometimes, when discussing the things of God I just get plain stirred up. Praise God.

I want to be radioactive. I want to shine. I want people to look at me and be blinded. Not from seeing me, but from seeing the perfect, saving love of Jesus Christ.

"Father, I praise your holy name. You are my creator and hold the power to fix or change the things in my life. I claim your power in my life. I want your touch so that I might reach people for you. God, make me an example. As for this thing that I want, let me remember the words of your Son, "Not my will, but yours be done." God, I pray protection on the people around me. I pray for their growing in your knowledge and grace. In the name of Christ, amen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home