Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I have lost a friend, and it is good

I lost a friend today, but I am not too bummed. She was having a bad time and was depressed and guilt-ridden, mostly about her former life. Her own description of herself was a former stonerslut. Her previous life haunts her, and she was unable to talk to her husband about it. My advice was to seek pastoral counseling and talk to her husband. This became my mantra, "Seek counseling. Talk to your husband."

Finally, she has spoken to her husband. He was upset that she gave me her number and email address. In his mind a married Christian woman should not have male friends. Oddly enough, I agree with him. So, my rather small group of friends grows smaller, but I am happier for it. Why? Because she and her husband are going to counseling. She finally heeded my advice and told him everything that was going on in her mind. They are my brother and sister in Christ and she was under the attack of the enemy. I really think that God has great plans for them, or she wouldn't have been under such heavy fire.

Now, I have advice for both of them. Get into church. If the doors are open be there. Get into a circle of Christians. Keep Christian friends around you. Get into an organized Bible study. Study the Bible daily, together. Pray together daily. God will bless your lives individually and as a couple.

Now, a few words for him. Sir, you are supposed to be the spiritual leader of your home. So, lead. In the moments you have together with her get your Bible out. Study it with her. Then pray with her. Then pray for her. You have been a Christian most of your life. She has not. Help her deal with her past. Let her know daily that she is loved, by you and by God. She loves you. It is obvious in the way she talks about you. Now, show her true love in return. Grow closer to Christ, together.

I have two failed marriages in my past, but I was not working on following God as I am now. I didn't do the things that I have just counseled others and now I know the pain of divorce. The one thing that I would tell other men was my big failing was that I did not lead. Men are supposed to be the spiritual leader to their household. If we don't lead then we let both God and our families down.

"Father, I lift these two up. I know that you hold them in the palm of your hand and that you can make all things right. I ask that you do so. Show them the path they need to follow. Show them your perfect love. I ask that you heal her spirit so that she might do your work. Also, I ask that you put your hands upon him and let him be the Godly leader a husband should be. Amen"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home