Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Memorial Day

As a veteran myself this day has meaning much greater than a barbecue or a picnic. I have left the home shore for a war. I have two nephews that are both combat veterans. Mine is not a family afraid of service. Here is what I posted to a bulletin board.



“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.” — George S. Patton

A lone bugle's silvered notes form a mournful cry over a field of crosses.

Families lay wreaths for the lost.

A young boy salutes at the grave of a father never more seen."

And When He Gets To Heaven,
To Saint Peter He Will Tell;
One More Marine Reporting Sir,
I've Served My Time In Hell"- Marine Grave inscription on Guadalcanal, 1942

For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before!The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Thank you, brothers. I would that I had joined you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God for the brave few. How I wish we would take this to the forgotten galiant of the Underground Church, too. Not to downplay our natural soldiers, but yea, rather, uplift them as a supreme example of what we are to be in the spiritual. The few. The proud. The Martyrs.

6/03/2005 9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home