Monday, May 30, 2005

The Search Continues

Today, in church, the pastor spoke from Acts 2. This is the chapter that documents Pentecost. The believers were gathered together and the Holy Spirit visited them and filled them. They spoke in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them. People from around the world were amazed that Galileans, fishermen, were able to speak in their languages.

This was the fulfillment of Acts 1:8: "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

This is the next thing on my list of things needed for personal righteousness.

1) Daily time with the Word and prayer
2) Seek the baptism in the Holy Spirit so that I might have God's power in my life

I want His power. I want to reach people for God. I want to touch lives for Him. This to me is the ultimate goal.

"Father, I need your power in my life. I want to touch people in your name. I want to show them your love. God, fill me with your Holy Spirit. Give me your power in my life so that I can do your work. In the name of your holy Son, amen."

1 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin said...

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth; for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak; and he will show you all things to come." (John 16:13) How often He speaks and we don't hear! Let us open our ears, because now is that time in which He will lead us into the truth. Now is the time of the baptism recorded in Joel 2, and spoken of in Acts 2. Thank God for His Spirit that is sent to reprove the world (John 16:8)! May He further reveal unto you the truth, Uncle. May He further reveal Himself unto all. God bless.

5/31/2005 1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home