Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Beliefs

I am at a loss. It has been five days since I have written and I am having trouble. I don't want to go this long without an update. So, I have decided to talk about the fundamental beliefs of my church. I belong to the Asseblies of God, and they have laid out their position very nicely in their Statement of Fundamental Truths. Also, the fact that I whole-heartedly agree with their position helps immensely.

I will take these one at a time.

1. The Scriptures Inspired

Passages to back this up:
2 Timothy 3:15-17 - and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

1 Thessalonians 2:13 - And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe.

2 Peter 1:21 - For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

There it is, in the words of God Himself. The Bible is His. It is our manual, our guide to life. We cannot be perfect, but through a relationship with Jesus Christ, and being in His Word daily we can live a life pleasing to the Lord. When we stumble God, in His faithfulness, will be there to forgive us and help us back up.

"Father, never let me forget that the Bible is your inspired message to us, sinful men. Lord, let my hunger for it grow daily. Let me need it's direction, Then, let me heed it direction. In the name of your Son, Jesus, amen."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home