Friday, June 17, 2005

Beliefs #2

OK, here here is the second of our doctrines from our Statement of Fundamental Truths.

2. The One True God

Passages to back this up:

Deuteronomy 6:4 - Or The LORD our God is one LORD; or The LORD is our God, the LORD is one ; or The LORD is our God, the LORD alone

Isaiah 43:10,11 - "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.

Matthew 28:19 - Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

Luke 3:22 - and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased."

OK, this is pretty basic and self-explanatory. There is no god but God and Jesus is His Son. We will worship no other gods. This makes life much easier. If you know that your instructions come from THE source, then you have that much less to worry about. Keep yourself grounded in His word and listening for His voice and you can't go wrong. Turn away from Him and doom youself to failure. Just ask me. I am a prime example.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home