Friday, July 01, 2005

More Deceit, More Lies

God, is ever great and always leads in the right paths. I'm in the Word today and I read this:

1 Corinthians 5:11-13 -
But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

I have to be incredibly thankful to God for His sovereignty. Over the past several years I have been each of these;
sexually immoral, slept with my first wife before marriage; idolater, who hasn't put a possession before the Lord; slanderer, a couple of comments here and there, what do you think gossip is; drunkard, I have been the life of the party; and lastly, swindler, chiseling a couple extra bucks out of someone that you are doing some work for, which covers greedy, by the way. Thanks to the sovereignty of God, however, I am back in the fold. I will not claim to be free of all these things, but I will say that God now has His hand on my life and I am getting better every day. I think I might even stand the barest chance of some day being seen as a Godly man. I can only hope.

"Father, I thank you for your patience and forgiveness. I ask that you keep me in your word daily. Give me the need to read and pray every day. I would show you to the world. In your Son's name, amen."

2 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin said...

Dear Brother, know that "If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed." (John 8:36) God has wonderfully worked in your life, Uncle, and I'm humbled to be able to witness it. Your writings challenge me, because I am not much better. I have commited sexual immorality of the eyes and heart, because I allowed Satan to have control of these prior to salvation and it has been a hard habit to destroy...and I can go down the list just like you naming off how I fall into the others, even to great detail. I'm just thankful to be cleansed in Christ. "If you have, faith, add virtue, and to this: knowledge, temperance, patience godliness, brotherly kindness, and love; they will neither make you useless, nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But he that is without these is blind, short-sighted, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins." Know that Christ is working in you, and that any man who seeks the will of God, to do it, and has his heart set on communing with the Lord, is a man of God. So, dear Uncle, you are a most excellent man of God, who is allowing God to open up even the sewers of his life as examples that God can transform a sinner into a saint. The Lord continue to reveal how wonderful and precious you are, Uncle. I'm thankful to have your influence in my life. Love you. Ciao.

7/03/2005 11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psalms 42:5 says "Put your hope in God,...

7/11/2005 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home