Friday, September 02, 2005

Still searching

Well, this is my first substantive post in close on a month, and I apologize. I have been in a sort of spiritual malaise. I would go to read the Bible and I would get nothing. The words were passing before my eyes, yet there was nothing entering my brain. I realize this is another form of attack by Satan. This morning I prayed for God to open my eyes and feed my spirit. He has. Now, I hope to aid in the feeding of yours.

Romans 2: 5-11 - But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God "will give to each person according to what he has done." To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism.

This is my text this morning. I do not think I have an unrepentant heart, but stubborn I am. I persist in my sin. I have one sin in particular that hounds me. It is with me daily and I revel in it. I enjoy it. Yet, I want it out of my life.

God will give to each person according to what he has done. Hmm. Let's examine that. What are you doing for the kingdom of God. Until recently, I was doing nothing. Now, I've become involved with the boys ministry at my church. I enjoy working with the boys. Truthfully, they minister to me as much as I may minister to them. God has a place for each of us in ministry. Look around your church. Is there something that needs done. Is there a ministry that's understaffed? Go talk to a pastor. They'll find a place for you to help. Trust me. It will minister to your spirit as much as you minister to anyone else.

Also, since I have become involved in a ministry that one particular sin becomes less and less prominent in my life. If I continue to grow in my walk and in ministry I see the day coming when it is gone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin said...

"Draw near unto me, and I'll draw near unto you." (James 4:7 or 8)

God is so awesome. He promises us that He'd meet with us, telling us of things we couldn't even think of (Jer. 33:3). Daniel was such a man that wouldn't even heed a government sanction against prayer to the one, true God before interceeding for his people (window open unto Jerusalem). May we likewise entreat the Lord, who "delivers and rescues, and He works signs and wonders in heaven and in earth" (Dan. 6:27); He can do the same, "for He is the living God, stedfast for ever, His kingdom is that which shall not be destroyed, and His dominion shall be even unto the end." (v. 26) Let it be so. Amen.

9/22/2005 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home